- This event has passed.
Experts on Demand
7 November 2019 @ 20:00 - 22:00Free
Our friendly TPS experts will be on hand at the Godstone Baptist Church Hall to share advice and tips across a host of important photographic topics:
- Print Critique: Marie-Ange will be running a group discussion Print Critique. To take part, bring 1 or 2 prints for a discussion led by Marie-Ange. Prints don’t need to be mounted. Only prints allowed though, no PDIs on tablets or laptops!
- Post Processing in Lightroom: Brian Smith will be demonstrating basic Lightroom feature and answering your questions about this leading professional software application
- Post Processing in Luminar: Join Mike Barker to demonstrate the capabilities of Luminar, a powerful, non-subscription Lightroom alternative you might like to consider.
- Still Life Photography: Clare Pickett will share the secrets of her still life photography success and give you an opportunity to take photos of a still life arrangement created just for you. Bring your camera!
- Monochrome Processing: Sarah Bedwell will demo top features of Silver Efex Pro, a tool within the DxO Nik Collection 2. She will also help convert a few members’ images to mono to help explain the process. Please email your colour images (RAW files preferred) to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday evening (3rd November).
- Print Matting Demo: John Howard will show you the simple steps needed to mount a print ready for competition or even commercial sale.
- Digital Photography & Camera 101: Jon Cowdock will continue his Beginners’ Photography theme by answering questions on photography fundamentals (camera settings, composition etc). If you’ve always wondered “what is this aperture thing the judges are always going on about?” then this is the session for you.
- Film Photography & Camera 101: Simon Bedwell will bring along a few film cameras & answer your questions about the merits of getting (back?) into film photography. Simon will cover also camera-specific questions on Canon, Olympus & Fuji.
- Colour Workflow: Allister Frost will show how important and easy it is to calibrate your computer monitor (and printer if you have one) so the colours you see while out shooting with your camera look the same when they appear as prints or on the TPS projection screen. Come along to borrow one of the TPS colour calibration devices so your colours will be perfect every time.
This event is free to attend for TPS members or £5 per person for visitors and guests.