At TPS, we love a challenge! Each year we organise friendly year-round challenges to give our members even more opportunities to take and share photos and develop their skills. These challenges are entirely voluntary and are not judged as part of a formal competition. Participation is encouraged though, as there’s no better way to improve your photography skills than by taking lots of photos!
Full details are explained during our regular TPS club meetings but get in touch if you need additional guidance or support.
Each year we invite members to join one of our year-round TPS Challenges hosted in special Flickr Groups. There are three challenges, of varying degrees of difficulty:
– TPS12 is the simplest, where members take and share one image each month in 2021
– TPS52 is a weekly challenge, where members take and share one image every week
– TPS365 is our most demanding but most beneficial challenge, where members take and share one photo each day of the year
All photos are shared to our private Flickr Groups, where other members can comment and offer advice and support.
THE TPS 2021 BONUS CHALLENGE: 21 in 21
For 2021, we have a special bonus challenge, exclusively for TPS members who participate in TPS365 and TPS52. We’re inviting our members to compile a panel of 21 images from the photos taken in as part of TPS365 and TPS52 that tell the story of their year. These could simply be a member’s 21 favourite images, or they could be aligned to themes or topics they enjoy.
Photos will be compiled into a 7×3 grid over a black background at the end of the year, ready for sharing at one of our first meetings in 2022. Full guidance on how to submit your 21 images (square format, 1200×1200 pixels, numbered .jpg files) will be provided in December 2021, but keep in mind the black background in case you may wish to add a border or other treatment to your images.
This special challenge is a good opportunity to take a look back on an eventful year, as well as a creative test to bring together 21 photos that work well as a panel of images. Have fun, be creative and enjoy the process of creating something truly unique to you!
A general guidance sheet is available here.
We have created some handy templates to help you plan and compile your 21in21 panels through the year. Get them below:
Lightroom Print Templates:
Instructions for use:
- Download .lrtemplate files using the links below
- Open Lightroom Classic
- Create a ‘Collection’ of your square format 21 in 21 images
- Go to Print Module
- In Template Browser (on left hand side) right-click on User templates and select Import
- Select the .lrtemplate files you downloaded from TPS website
- Your templates will be imported into the Template Browser in Lightroom Classic (under ‘User Templates’)
- Click on your preferred template in the Template Browser
- Drag images into the template from your 21in21 collection
- Collate your 21in21 images (in square 1:1 format) into a folder
- Download .potx file from the TPS website
- Open .potx file to start PowerPoint
- Select your preferred layout (spaced or tight grid) from the available slides
- Click on an icon to add a picture, or drag and drop your square images into the placeholders
- If you wish to change an image, select it and press delete. Repeat step 4
- Save your file